כ"ב שבט ה' אלפים תשס"ט
# reads: 559
Frequently asked questions about the Eruv
Carrying on Shabbat
- Where am I allowed to carry on Shabbat in the absence of an Eruv?
- Is there any restriction on what I am allowed to carry on Shabbat in any case?
- Without getting too technical, is there a readily understandable reason why carrying is prohibited on Shabbat?
- If I have a house, a private property, with no surrounding fences may I carry within the bounds of my property on Shabbat?
- Is there any difference between carrying on my own property and carrying on someone else's (private) property?
- Is it complicated to institute?
- Who first thought of the idea?
- What are the benefits of an Eruv?
- Is an Eruv only relevant to Shabbat, or does it have some role on Yomtov?
- What are the disadvantages of having an Eruv in a town?